birding-aus

Tawny Frogmouth nest site fidelity

To: "'Evan Beaver'" <>, "'michael norris'" <>
Subject: Tawny Frogmouth nest site fidelity
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:46:54 +1000
Anecdotally, I can offer the opposite to Evan's experience.

We have friends that have eucalypts in their front yard in Eltham
(Victoria). A (family?) group of Tawny Frogmouths use the same tree - even
the same branch - for months on end then disappear for days, weeks or months
at a time. Ultimately they always come back to the same branch on the same
tree, though. This behaviour has been going on for quite a number of years.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Melbourne