birding-aus

re: blog for birding aus - birders behaving badly

To: "Dave Torr" <>
Subject: re: blog for birding aus - birders behaving badly
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:29:43 +1000
It says: "Twitching is a British term, meaning "the observation of a
previously located rare bird".

If it only covers rare birds, then does that mean that a new birder,
going to great extremes to see previously located  new birds that are
quite common, doesn't become a twitcher until he has run out of common
birds and starts on the rare ones?

Peter Shute