birding-aus

Amazing birding experiences - honeyeater migration(racing pigeons)

To: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>, Kurtis Lindsay <>
Subject: Amazing birding experiences - honeyeater migration(racing pigeons)
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:48:58 +1000
Topknot Pigeons are surprisingly rare in the Blue Mountains, in fact I'm only aware of one sighting - the one seen by Evan Beaver last year at Blaxland. Like Arwen, I also saw a large tight flock of pigeons on the weekend going over my house at Katoomba. My first thought was "Are they Topknots?" but on looking closer realised they were just racing pigeons. Must have been the weekend for them to be out.

Cheers,
Carol