birding-aus

Yellow Thornbills at Banyule Flats (Heidelberg, Vic)

Subject: Yellow Thornbills at Banyule Flats (Heidelberg, Vic)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 19:24:06 +0800 (WST)
I always look for Yellow Thornbills at Banyule Flats - usually without
success.

  Today there were about four YTs with other small birds (Grey Fantail,
Spotted Pardalotes, and some Silvereyes) in young wattle scrub at the
elbow of the south side of the Banyule Billabong - or you could call it
the north-east corner of the south paddock between the Billabong and the
Yarra.
  Under the wattles and out in the open were three or four Common
Bronzewings and I had a glimpse of a Hare. Judging by droppings, a
Wombat has been active there, and an ants' nest had been opened by an
Echidna.

Anthea Fleming