birding-aus

Bird Routes Online

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Bird Routes Online
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:54:35 +1000
Dear All,

There have been a few posts recently asking for information on various bird routes or for areas which are covered by bird route info. BASNA (Birds Australia (Southern NSW & ACT) has a web page which provides links to Bird Route info for regional NSW. The page also has a link to an interactive map of NSW. The BASNA page can be found at http://basna.birdsaustralia.com.au/regional.html

BOCA ( Bird Observation and Conservation Australia) has a birding maps page (which appears to be under construction still - can anyone clarify the status?) which will be useful and can be found at http:// basna.birdsaustralia.com.au/regional.html for those who want to keep an eye on it. Some of the BOCA regional branches also publish local bird route info, so it would be worthwhile checking the area out via the BOCA web site.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a lot of links outside of those given by BASNA and BOCA, but I am working on it. You never know I might even knock up a web site on Australian bird routes myself.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford