birding-aus

Airport tops bird strikes at 105 hits | NEWS.com.au

To: "Stephen Ambrose" <>, "Tony Russell" <>
Subject: Airport tops bird strikes at 105 hits | NEWS.com.au
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:31:51 +1000
Two weeks ago my flight from Melbourne to Cairns (ironically) was delayed
because of a bird strike at Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne. My flight
was at 7am and i wondered if more bird strikes happened around dawn when
there was more activity???  Fat chance of airlines cancelling morning
flights though.

"Stephen Ambrose" <>
Sent by:
23/04/2008 10:48 AM

<>
cc

Subject
Re: [Birding-Aus] Airport tops bird strikes at 105 hits | NEWS.com.au

Hi Tony,

Another likely reason why Cairns Airport tops the list is that it is in
the
main flight path of Torres Strait bird migrants (not mentioned in the news
article).

Dr Stephen Ambrose

Director

AMBROSE ECOLOGICAL SERVICES PTY LTD