birding-aus

Re capitalisation of bird names

To: "Carl Clifford" <>
Subject: Re capitalisation of bird names
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:00:08 +1000
Carl

Firstly, thanks for mentioning, "Bernd Heinrich, in his classic "Ravens in
Winter" " it's in the local library but I've never read it, so borrowed it
this afternoon because I'm always on the lookout for birding classics.

Secondly, I strongly echo the sentiments expressed in your second paragraph.
Also, I'm in full accordance with Roger Giller's criticism of emails that
ignore capitalisation and punctuation. The advent of the email seems to
spawned and, sadly, accelerated the habit. Perhaps I sound like a cranky old
traditionalist but I believe we should maintain standards of written
expression. Oh boy, that sounds a bit stuffy too, so I'll sign off and dip
into Heinrich.

Cheers

John Layton