birding-aus

lifers on the front doorstep

Subject: lifers on the front doorstep
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 06:49:09 -0400
i haven't had a lifer in the yard yet but this week?we did have a new species -
a rufous fantail - to add to pheasant coucal, sacred kingfisher and spangled
drongos, the latter?of which have become regulars in our very urban
quarter-acre oasis wedged between major roads and the airport. and the
mistletoebirds are back.
i reckon trees beat pools any day - especially in autumn.
shane b
ascot, brisbane?qld