birding-aus

Spotted Turtle-dove in Mildura

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Spotted Turtle-dove in Mildura
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:00:42 +1000
Last weekend while driving around Mildura, I spotted a single Spotted
Turtle-dove perched on electricity wires. I have been expecting this for a
while - I have seen this species a number of times in the Riverland (Loxton,
Renmark) and looking at the last Atlas they would be around Swan Hill. I expect
the birds probably have travelled downstream (there is more development
upstream of Mildura) but would be interested to hear if anyone else has seen
this species in NW Victoria (I have been here about 18 months and this is my
first sighting but I possibly have overlooked it).
Cheers,
Peter