birding-aus

Chinese Pond Heron near Broome WA - Still present

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Chinese Pond Heron near Broome WA - Still present
From: R Clarke <>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:29:13 +1000
Hi All,
A quick update. The Pond Heron (see below for details) was seen again at the
same site yesterday Sunday 30th March.
Cheers,
Rohan Clarke

> Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:55:48 +1100
> Subject: [Birding-Aus] Chinese Pond Heron near Broome WA - First Mainland
> Australian Record
>
> Hi All,
> This morning  (Sat 29 March 2008) Rob Berry and Gail D'Alton found a Chinese
> Pond Heron at a freshwater wetland some 20 km out of Broome, north-west
> Western Australia. It is in partial breeding plumage and I understand there
> is a good photographic record. The bird has since been seen by Chris Hassell,
> Adrian Boyle and Broome Bird Observatory staff. Any additional news will be
> posted when it comes to hand.
> This is the first mainland record of Chinese Pond Heron and follows on from
> one on Christmas Island earlier this month and one on Cocos Keeling Islands
> in May 2006. In March 2007 Australia's first Javan Pond Heron was found in
> Darwin. Autumn/late Wet Season is clearly a good time for pond herons in
> Australia!
> Cheers,
> Rohan Clarke

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org