birding-aus

RFI: PDA for birding?

To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: RFI: PDA for birding?
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:01:14 +1100
Russell and Ian,

I have just done a bit of a google around and have come up with "Wildlife Recorder" http://www.wildlife.co.uk/birding_software/ Default.htm It is available in a version with a database of worldwide species and seem very flexible. Also it contains listings of European and North American Butterflies and Moths and World Mammals It can be used on Palm or the various Windows base PDA OSs. It requires a PC running Widows 2000, XP, or Vista.

It might be just be what Ian is looking for.

I agree with you Russell, about the opportunity for the production of a PDA based field guide for Australia, particularly one on a card. After all there are 2 available for South Africa. We can't let the 'Boks get that over us, it is bad enough in Rugby. Are there any birders out there with any PDA programming experience? Now is the moment for you to shine in the spotlight.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford