birding-aus

State & Territory Lists - Introductions

To: "Tim Dolby" <>
Subject: State & Territory Lists - Introductions
From: John Tongue <>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:04:17 +1000
Hi Tim,
I am aware that a couple of years ago, some interstate visitors reported a WTTC at Hellyer Gorge, on the way down then West Coast. Some others went to look for it, but couldn't find any sign. I THINK, Tim May also reported one from the East Coast about the same time.

As far as confirming records, I don't think there is any 'formal' process - Any oddities I find, I tend to pass on to a few trusted 'experts' in the field to see what they think, and to see if anyone is available to go and check it out. For Australian rarities, we could always refer sightings to BARC, but most of our odd sightings are common mainland birds, that turn up unexpectedly in Tassie.

By the Way - does anyone know the current status of the Yellow Wattlebirds that have been reported on MT Conobolas, near Orange, NSW???

John Tongue
Ulverstone, Tas.