birding-aus

Fourth Fig Parrot

To: Denise Goodfellow <>, Penny Brockman <>, Peter Ewin <>
Subject: Fourth Fig Parrot
From: Graeme Stevens <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:05:08 +1100
I'll second (or third) that motion. One of the best field naturalists I have
had the pleasure of spending time with.
On that basis my jury is still out.
Not that I mean to dig up the debate, no value at this time.
Like Penny, just waiting patiently with an open mind.
Graeme Stevens> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:57:25 +0930> Subject: Re:
[Birding-Aus] Fourth Fig Parrot> From: > To:
; > CC: > > My
feelings as well> Denise> > > on 22/2/08 11:47 AM, Penny Brockman at
 wrote:> > > Peter Ewin wrote:> >> Something very strange is
happening here - I sent this last year when this> >> thread was happening. I
sent a response earlier tonight stating this and this> >> seems to have also
disappeared into the ether (where this email appeared> >> from). I am pretty
certain is not a virus as we have a totally different> >> computer (the last
one died).> >> Thanks for the comments people have been saying, but the subject
is a year> >> too late.> >> Cheers,> >> Peter> From: > To:
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:52:51 +1100> >> >> I am not going to comment on the
bird's ID, but I was interested in this >> >> quote.> > >Mr Young vehemently
denied the claims. He has since bought a> >> special $6000 > >camera which
takes pictures which cannot be digitally> >> altered in the hope > >of proving
that the bird was real.> > Is this true? I> >> would have thought it is the
format that a digital photo is > stored rather> >> than the camera that allows
alteration. And that any photo can > be scanned> >> and then digitally altered
afterwards.> > Do any camera people have> >> comments?> > Cheers,> Peter> >> >>
Regarding the above, when I was on a tour in November with John Young in> >
Cape York/Iron Range, he showed us many photographs of this possibly new> > fig
parrot. I doubt very much that he would have been able to> > photo-shop or
otherwise alter the quantity of photos he has, regardless> > of the possible
loss of his reputation, integrity, etc. from posting> > fraudulent information.
He is a superb naturalist and has spent almost> > more time in the field than
perhaps anyone else in Australia. I would> > like to see less of people rushing
to condemn and more to wait for> > further information.> > > >
==============================www.birding-aus.org> > birding-aus.blogspot.com>
> > > To unsubscribe from this mailing list,> > send the message:> >
unsubscribe> > (in the body of the message, with no Subject line)> > to: