birding-aus

Research assistance needed for field work

To: <>
Subject: Research assistance needed for field work
From: "Michelle Plant" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:16:35 +1000
Looking for someone who is COMFORTABLE handling /restraining Crimson Rosellas
and A. King Parrots while I collect a range of samples/band for PhD research
work.  Some data recording etc.

Have struck problems with logistics for normal assistant and in a bit of a
pickle.  Field trip is for 2-3days last week Feb or can do first week March.

Staying up near the Green Mountains / O'Reilly's section of Lamington NP.
Accommodation, meals arranged - can arrange to cover petrol costs too.

Days are pretty full.  But there is a vast array of birds that parade past
field lab....

University of Queensland volunteer registration covers insurance issues, there
are some risks which I would need to discuss... the obvious one... getting
bitten.

Cheers
Michelle