birding-aus

Photos: Birds of Bowra Station.

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Photos: Birds of Bowra Station.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:05:54 +1000
Hi all,

In recent times a number of birders have enquired about the birding at Bowra Station in south west Queensland (Australia). I spent a few weeks there last year (2007) and managed to take some photos of some of the birds I found there. I have now created (at last) a set of those photos and placed them on my Flickr account at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ptiloris463
(Click on the Bowra Station Set).

There is approx 170 images of 68 species.
All of the photos were taken on Bowra Station by myself. Any criticism of the photos should be directed at me and not at the birds...........they did their best in most cases. It is not a complete set of the birds which can be found on the property but it does include Bowra's prime 'target', the Hall's Babbler and a few others which many birders should find interesting. I still have some extra identification notes to add to some species but each photo has at least the Common and Scientific name. If anyone wishes to dispute any of my identifications they should feel free to contact me. The photos were taken in the months of July and September so they should give an indication of what can be found there at that time of the year. I did see the mythical Grey Falcon (or I may have imagined it!) but, unfortunately I was not able to photograph it.

Enjoy the pictures.
Note: I have arranged the species in the order suggested by Christidis a Boles in their 2008 taxonomy of Australian Birds.
Old-time birders may find some species in some unusual places.

Cheers

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Queensland