birding-aus

Where are the Fork-tailed Swifts and WTNTs?

To: "'Michael Tarburton'" <>
Subject: Where are the Fork-tailed Swifts and WTNTs?
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:20:22 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Tarburton
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2008 8:58 AM
To: Edwin Vella

Thanks Edwin

here is hoping for more

Cheers

Mike

Michael Tarburton

====================================

On 30/01/2008, at 9:29 PM, Edwin Vella wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> On 9/12/07, I had at least 300 White-throated Needletails in Cattai
Hi Mike

I had about 20 White-throated Needletails flying very low over the main
street of Toongabbie (approx. 40 km west of Sydney CBD )yesterday (6/2/08)
morning at about 8 am (well in advance of a late afternoon storm and heavy
rain). There may have been more Needletails but that's what I saw in about a
minute after stopping briefly at the newsagency on my way to work.

Cheers!

Edwin