birding-aus

Do you have Hall's Babbler records?

Subject: Do you have Hall's Babbler records?
From: Dean Portelli <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:57:26 +1100
Hi all,

 I am studying Hall's Babbler for my PhD at the University of New South Wales
(with Richard Kingsford) and need to collate records for the species for an
analysis of their distribution, one aim of this is to identify suitable areas
worth surveying in NSW where the species is listed as threatened.

 I have obtained records from both Birds Australia atlasses and the QLD EPA and
will do so also for NSW NPWS (DECC). However, it is difficult to determine if
the locations for each record reflect a survey of a much larger area (e.g.
entire national park) or relate specifically to where the babblers were
observed (e.g. some records from Bowra use the location of the homestead for
the records, which is ~3km from the nearest Hall's Babblers). Ideally, I need
more of the latter category for the analysis. So if you have records (with
latitude/longitude or UTM data recorded using a GPS), even if they are already
part of the atlas, I would very much appreciate it if you could share that data
with me (other data I require are date, location description e.g. Amphitheatre
Gorge, Mutawintji National Park, and any other relevant details you may have).
Please also indicate if it was submitted to the atlas or any other database.
Your help will be acknowledged in any publications resulting from this work.

 Please reply direct to this email address or use the contact details below.

Many thanks

Dean Portelli
PhD Candidate
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052

see http://www.hermonslade.org.au/projects/HSF_06_10/hsf_06_10.html for more
details about the project

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org