birding-aus

RFI:EmuWrens at Kurnell

Subject: RFI:EmuWrens at Kurnell
From: Chris Ross <>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:48:30 +1100
I'm out at Kurnell regularly, the area they are talking about is quite exposed as is most Emu wren habitat I've ever seen. I think you'll find they'll be hard to find unless it's quite calm. Another good spot is the heath on the to the south and east of the model aeroplane field just south of the two golf courses on the old Princes' Hwy south of Helensburgh. I've seen them there a number of times. Their call is very high pitched so easily lost in wind noise.

regards,

Chris Ross