birding-aus

L Yellowlegs again

Subject: L Yellowlegs again
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:40:53 +1000
Once again we brought the rain to NSW.
Heading down to have a second go at the Lesser Yellowelegs last Saturday
Rob and I successfully drenched the countryside once again in 'flooding
rains'! At least this time compensation for us was seeing the bird in
question. Thanks once again to Ken 'Yellowlegs' we obtained reasonable
views in the mangrove swamp off Boyter's lane although photography was
not an option as the Marshies and the bird itself were very flighty and
jittery for no obvious reason. On several occasions they lifted and
dropped into a different marsh only to return 15 minutes later.
I can report that the bird is looking healthy, plump and full of vigour!
It's plumage appears in good nick and I can see no reason it won't
continue in situ for some time. Whether it eventually leaves with the
Marshies to return next season only time will tell. In the meantime it's
worth the trip - despite the weather...
I will update my blog with the full story - birdsandthings.blog.com

Cheers
Colin
--
  Colin Reid