birding-aus

Kakadu

To: <>
Subject: Kakadu
From: "Andy Adcock" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:35:12 -0000
Hi all,
I hope to get to Auss finally, around May and I wondered if anyone could
suggest a strategy for visiting Kakadu and seeing as many species as possible.

Here's the problem, I won't have a car so I'd hoped to be able, if possible, to
get to a few places that have some decent birding within walking distance of
where I can arrive by public transport.  Is this an idea that's even worth
considering?

I've got the guide to 'The Top End' but that assumes that you have the use of a
car and gives no info on how to arrive at sites any other way.

Even better, would anyone with a car want to share costs if they have a trip
already planned?  On the same theme, I'll be having a week or so in the Darwin
area again concentrating on the sites that are easily accessible without a car
and it would be great to meet any local birders who might have a morning or
afternoon spare even just to have a beer and a chat and maybe get some local
bird news and advice.

I'm doing this part of a much longer trip as an 'add on' so have had little
time to research properly as I leave for Sri Lanka on the 25th Jan.

Regards, Andy Adcock, UK.

Andy Adcock
19 Hooton Road
Carlton