birding-aus

RFI Victor Harbour & environs

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Victor Harbour & environs
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:26:00 +1100
I am heading down to the Victor Harbour area for a few days and hope to get
some bird-watching in the area. I have a few subspecies that I am after and so
have scouted through the archives and found a bit of information. There are
obviously a few Conservation Parks scattered about and any tips on access (or
recommended areas) would be appreciated. The species and sites I have info on
are:
Elegant & Rock Parrots
Chestnut-rumped Heathwren (Coxs Scrub & Deep Creek CPs)
Beautiful Firetail (Coxs Scrub CP)
Southern Emu-wren (Deep Creek & Coxs Creek CP, Mt Compass Wetlands - how
difficult are these to find)
Is there a possibility of Bassian Thrush anywhere (Newland Head CP)?
Is tolderol Game Reserve easily accessable (I would be tempted to do a diverson
on the way back)
I will ahve some restrictions with a young family so the most bang for my buck
birdwise would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Peter

What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org