birding-aus

Re: Lapwings

Subject: Re: Lapwings
From: "Natalia Atkins" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:29:51 +1000
Hi Peter,

I was interested to hear the news about the lapwings in our area (Bulimba),
so thankyou!! I just read something disturbing though - Minnippi Parklands
will be converted into a Golf course /housing area, as of mid last year. It
has been protested, due to it being the habitat of several endangered
species.  The developer said he'd put `no pet signs' around.the place, lol.

That makes me so sad. I spend as much time as I can in the little patches of
Urban forests around Brisbane. There is a whole world out of life in them,
fiercing struggling to survive. Its a big loss.

I'll eb sure to check out those lapwings though, and thanks so much for the
news!