birding-aus

Publishing conventions re bird-names.

To: "'Dr Richard Nowotny'" <>, <>
Subject: Publishing conventions re bird-names.
From: "David Parker" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:45:34 +1100
Richard and others,

I have recently finished reading the same book, but for Christmas was
also given a copy of Kenn Kaufman's 'big year' book title Kingbird
Highway: the biggest year in the life of an extreme birder. Again, this
book is an excellent read, and an amazing story of his travels, a
majority of which were done by 'thumbing' a ride. Kenn uses capital
letters for bird names in his book and also gives an excellent
explanation why he chose to do so. My only trouble is, having read the
book I have already leant it to another so can't give you his reasons.

Once I have the book I will let you know what it says, unless in the
meantime someone else puts it on.

Cheers,
David Parker
Griffith, NSW