birding-aus

Canada Geese Update

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Canada Geese Update
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 22:57:36 +1100
The numbers of Canada Geese have been increasing in numbers in its native habitat in North America over the last 50 or so years and have become a nuisance in some areas. The main reason for this increase in numbers I think you will find, is that there are less people in the USA and Canada out there blowing the daylights out of them in the name of Sport. I think that Humans are more of a pest species to the Geese, than the opposite. The Geese are only regaining their original range and numbers.

Carl Clifford