birding-aus

DIY Birding Database

To: "Carl Clifford" <>, "Birding-Aus Aus" <>
Subject: DIY Birding Database
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:55:34 +1100
My experience with J-Bird, a free database, is that the program is just half of
it.  Getting a decent master list into it can be a struggle, especially if you
want a world list with the names of the Australian subset matching what we
commonly use.

Maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I found myself getting more deeply
into taxonomy than I ever expected to.

It was good fun, but I was spending too much time on it, so I ended up using
Eremaea's online database instead - now they look after that side of it for me.

Peter Shute