birding-aus

Bird and birding books

To: Gordon and Pam <>, <>
Subject: Bird and birding books
From: Steve Dark <>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:52:00 +0000
Hi Guys, I agree, Sean Dooleys 'big twitch' is certainly the funniest birding
book Ive read.
There are others though, you could try any of Bill Oddies birding books
probably the best are:
Little Black Bird Book,
Gripping Yarns,
Gone Birding &
Follow that bird.
another favourite of mine is Kenn Kaufmans 'Kingbird Highway' its an account of
a young mans year long travelling throughout North America in pursuit of birds.
Very readable,

Its a start anyway.

Seasons greetings to you.

Steve
Gloucester UK> From: > To:
> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:35:13 +1100> Subject:
[Birding-Aus] Bird and birding books> > Dear all -> > > > As a rookie birder
with limited time , I'm looking for well-written books on> birds generally -
eg, habits, biology, lifecycles, migrations, and the such> - and on birding as
a pastime. I gather Dooley's book would be a hoot on the> latter.> > > > I
tried to read a book with lots of interesting bird info in it a few years> ago,
but it was written in such a dull and pedestrian style I couldn't> finish it.>
> > > What is good out there?> > > > I'm also not averse to well-written
web-pages.> > > > Thanks in advance> > > > Cheers> > Gordon> >
===============================> www.birding-aus.org> birding-aus.blogspot.com>
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, > send the message:> unsubscribe > (in
the body of the message, with no Subject line)> to: