birding-aus

Eurasian Curlew twitch - anyone interested

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Eurasian Curlew twitch - anyone interested
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:06:05 +1100
    Three of us have planned a trip to attempt to see this bird and there is
room available for person or persons to join us. If interested please contact
me ASAP directly preferably on the phone number given below.
    We meet at Broome airport at 12.25 this Friday 30 November. The three of us
will be on a plane QF1074 arriving from Perth at that time. Connecting flights
are available from Melbourne and Sydney leaving at 06.10 that morning. We drive
immediately to the site and should arrive at high tide, the best time to find
the bird. If we find it that afternoon we will return to Broome that night. If
we don't, we will stay in a house nearby and search again on the rising and
full tide next day returning to Broome that evening, Saturday 1 December. At
least 2 of us will fly back to Melbourne on the direct flight leaving Broome at
12.15 next day, Sunday 2 December. Accommodation in Broome will be your
responsibility, hopefully sharing. Your share of the cost Broome to Broome is
not expected to exceed $200.00 not including food.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930
Tel  (03) 9787 7136