birding-aus

American Buddhist Monk ISO Birding Buddies!

Subject: American Buddhist Monk ISO Birding Buddies!
From: Konchog Norbu <>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 02:26:00 -0800 (PST)
Believe it or not, the following is not a put-on: I'm an American Buddhist monk
and fanatic birder coming to Australia for the first time from my home in
Mongolia on a two-month teaching tour this coming Jan/Feb. Approaching the
birds of your continent is a fairly daunting business, though I'm devouring the
guides and loving Sean Dooley, so I'm looking for folks who'd be willing
birding buddies to show off your local goodies. The tour will be based in
Brisbane and take me to the Sunshine and Gold coasts, Melbourne, Sydney, the
Blue Mountains, and perhaps Canberra. If it sounds like fun to bring along a
good-natured, enthusiastic Buddhist monk on a summer outing or two, please
email me privately (and please, no commercial inquiries -- monks don't sport
that kind of cash!).

  And if you'd like to take a look at my Mongolia list, such as it is, it's
down the right-hand column of my blog here.

  Many thanks in advance!