birding-aus

RFI - north east India

To: <>
Subject: RFI - north east India
From: "Eric Finley" <>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:20:51 +1100
Hi

I am planning a mixed wildlife and cultural trip to north east India in
early 2008 and if anyone out there has any info which might assist in
planning would be very grateful. Possible itin at this stage includes
the national parks of Manas and Kaziranga in Assam, and if access is OK
a few days at Namdapha National Park in Arunachal Pradesh. Also likely
to be visiting Calcutta and the Sundarbans. Have seen many of the
Himalayan and north Indian species on previous trips but the northeast
will be new to me so any tips on local sites, relevant websites,
accomodation in this area most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Eric