birding-aus

Petitions

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Petitions
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:32:47 +1000
While it's unlikely that any of the birding societies in Australia will say anything, the Australian Conservation Foundation has the following indicator on its election scorecard - http://www.acfonline.org.au/articles/news.asp?news_id=1465 :

Protect forests, oceans and the natural environment
End forest destruction, protect our oceans, increase the natural reserve system and reward environmental stewardship in rural areas.

Presumably there is a correlation between action in these areas and the protection of bird populations.

Regards, Laurie.