birding-aus

Spring arrivals, Capertee Valley

Subject: Spring arrivals, Capertee Valley
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:03:06 +1000
Yesterday I returned home after spending 8 days in the Capertee Valley. The place is alive. White-browed Woodswallows have arrived. Brown Quail in a few places. Plenty of Plum-heads, including a flock near "The Crown" gate along Glen Davis Road. A couple of nice male Turquoise Parrots here also. Brown Songlarks displaying in a couple of spots. Rufous Songlarks EVERYWHERE, calling loudly. Quite a few Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoos and Pallid Cuckoos, and a few Black-eared calling. Still not many honeyeaters around but more than there were in winter. About 7 Regent Honeyeaters in the north of the valley. First Leaden Flycatcher of the season near Glen Alice yesterday.

I also got 3 new species for my property list: Brown Quail, Striated Thornbill and a Little Friarbird which came to the birdbath with about 2 dozen Noisy Friars!

Cheers,

Carol

--
Carol Probets