birding-aus

Spotting scopes

To: "Peter Shute" <>
Subject: Spotting scopes
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:23:25 +1000
It would be possible and maybe useful if you are on the short side - I
suspect that for most people the issue would be getting a tall enough
tripod. Most birders as you suggest probably want the minimum weight
in a tripod (consistent with stability) and also one that is not too
long to carry, so tend to go for the shortest one that meets their
needs? Most birdhides also tend to have a very restricted range of
heights at which you can position a scope.