birding-aus

2007 BA Vic Research Awards and the Victorian Twitchathon

To: <>
Subject: 2007 BA Vic Research Awards and the Victorian Twitchathon
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:05:16 +1000
Hi Birders,

Forget the horses: race for conservation instead! Help raise money for the 2007
BA Research Awards and have fun at the same time by participating in the
Victorian Twitchathon. All entries are welcomed, with species prizes awarded to
new participants.

This year the 2007 Victorian Twitchathon is scheduled for the weekend of 27 and
28 October. There will be 2 events:
. A 24 hour Race, starting at 3:00pm on 27 October and finishing at 4:00pm on
28 October.
. An 8 hour Race, which commences any time after 4:00pm on 27 October and must
finish before 4:00pm on 28 October.

Like last year there will be no official finish line for this years race. Teams
are allowed to start and finish anywhere within Victoria. This years race is
also augmented by the national scoring system.

To enter or to find out more information simply contact me and I will happily
provide you with details. I can be contacted by phone on (03) 9489 3830 or by
email at

An entry kit comprising the registration form, rules, sponsorship forms and
tick list can be found at http://www.babblersnest.com/twitchathon.html and then
click on download.

Tim Dolby
Victorian Twitchathon Coordinator