birding-aus

Birds for my Dad

To: <>
Subject: Birds for my Dad
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 21:09:33 +1000
Hi all
my Dad is visiting me in Sydney from 10 Oct to 21 Nov (with a couple of side trips in between) and is looking to fill some holes in his Aussie list. It's his 5th visit, so we are mostly onto harder species...any gen on the following would be gratefully appreciated...I've added what my plans are where known...the two cockatoo species are in capitals because we have had many unsuccessful attempts to hook up with both!

Any Quail or Button Quail, (bit early for the Cornwallis Rd Quail field?)
Painted Snipe,
Grey Plover,
GLOSSY BLACK Cockatoos (the best we have managed to date is a few freshly chewed casuarina nuts at West Head - will be trying there again, plus Bobbin Head/Apple Tree Bay),
GANG-GANG Cockatoos (possibly Mt Wilson if we make it up to the Blue Mts)
Little Lorikeet,
White Thr Nightjar, (I will be sussing out if the bird seen at the Sphinx Track car park last year is back in the next few weeks)
Flame Robin, (if we make it up to the Blue Mts)
Logrunner(?), (don't think we'll be heading to Illawarra - any site close to northern Sydney?) Pilotbird, (if we make it up to the Blue Mts or Lady Carrington Drive in Royal NP)
Black Chinned HE.

He's also visiting Tassie (never been) and Atherton tablelands (the former for the 1st, the latter for about the 5th time) and I think these are "under control" from his end (I understand that he has a guide booked for Tassie).
Thanks