birding-aus

Trip to Great Barrier Reef

Subject: Trip to Great Barrier Reef
From: Kingfisher Park Birdwatchers Lodge <>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:59:21 +1000
Hi Pedro,
SeaStar II no longer operates, I have copied an email from SeaStar Cruises below. The cheapest option to Michaelmas Cay we know of is Passions of Paradise which is $129.00.

<Thank you for your enquiry. We are currently changing vessels to a Fast,
modern, air-conditioned catamaran. This will enable our passengers to enjoy
two and a half hours free time at Michaelmas Cay. We will arrive first at
Michaelmas cay with time to enjoy before the crowds arrive.
Then we travel onto Hastings Reef and also have another two and a half hours
free time. Our departure time will be 8.15am and we will return at 4.30pm.
I have attached a photo of the new vessel.  Our brochures will be out this
week and I will contact you when we have our launch date confirmed. The
standard cruise is $155 per person with Emc/port & admin fee of $10 p/p.

The standard cruise will include:
.       Five hours at the reef
.       Fast, modern, air-conditioned Catamaran
.       Morning/afternoon tea
.       Hot & Cold Buffet Lunch with Prawns
.       Reef Interpretation & guided snorkel tour
.       Snorkel equipment & instruction
.       Buoyancy Vest, Floatation Device, Wetsuit
.       Glass Bottom Boat Tour

The standard cruise is $155 per person with Emc/port & admin fee of $10 p/p.
We will arrive first at Michaelmas cay with time to enjoy before the crowds
arrive. We cater for small groups, no crowds a maximum of 40 passengers plus
crew. Charter of the vessel is available and we can alter the day by staying
at Michaelmas Cay which is popular with birder groups.
We are Fully locally owned and family operated business.

Regards
Bernadette Edwards
Seastar Cruises>

Hope this helps you,

Regards,
Keith & Lindsay.

 wrote:
Hi,

  First of all thanks to all that have to answer my inquiry about
Spinifex pigeon.
  I'm going to visit Cairns and I would like to reach Michaelmas Cay to
see the birds colony. I know by some trip reports that Seastar II do
trips to this cay but I can't to find its email to do some inquiries.
Anybody could help me?

Thanks a lot.

Pedro
Spain