birding-aus

Brown Songlark - early arrival in Hamilton, Vic

To: "BA email" <>
Subject: Brown Songlark - early arrival in Hamilton, Vic
From: "simon starr" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:59:31 +1000
Hi Steve and all,
I saw my first displaying Brown Songlark this year up at Pink Lakes in the Victorian mallee, on 1st August. And heard my first one at home here on the plains of northern Vic today. There was a report of Brown Songlarks around Hamilton quite a while ago on Birdline Victoria. A Rufous Songlark arrived here on the 17th Aug and I've seen a few others since, plus White-winged Triller yesterday. There's been lots of Horsfields Bronze Cuckoo. Its all a big improvement on last year. From my past records here, all these birds are very early. Autumn winter rains are carrying things through so far, but with such a dry August we'll need some more rain soon.
Cheers,
Simon starr.
Pyramid Hill,
Vic.