birding-aus

Google Advanced Image Search

To: John Leonard <>
Subject: Google Advanced Image Search
From: Andrew Taylor <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:42:03 +1000
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 04:15:51PM +1000, John Leonard wrote:
> If you typed in Lilac-breasted Roller or whatever at
> least some of the first images actually were of that sp. Today, however, I
> was searching for some images and the images I was getting were almost
> completely random, with almost no real hits.

An images search for  "lilac-breasted Roller" still works for me.
In the first 100 images the only non LBR I can spot is a Kingfisher
mislabelled on the source web page.  You can't blame google for that.

This link will run the same search:
http://images.google.com.au/images?as_st=y&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&q=+%22lilac-breasted++Roller%22&btnG=Search+Images

Andrew