birding-aus

Skylark at Sydney Airport

Subject: Skylark at Sydney Airport
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:45:06 +1000
I have just flown into Sydney for the day from Mildura (yes it is a long
day). while taxi-ing to the terminal this morning I noticed a bird behaving
very like a Skylark. My question does anyone have any info on these birds at
Kingsford Smith Airport. I know they are at Maroubra - are they at any of
the eastern suburbs areas (like East Lakes). Also saw Pipits, but this one
bird was doing a display flight much like I have seen Skyalrks do at sites
both in and outside Australia.
Cheers,
Peter