birding-aus

Sep Pelagic - Eaglehawk Neck

To: birding birding-aus <>
Subject: Sep Pelagic - Eaglehawk Neck
From: John Tongue <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:42:55 +1000
Hi All,
My wife and I live in Northern Tasmania, and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to link up with a Pelagic out of Eaglehawk neck for some time. We have never been on a Pelagic before, but would love to join the experience.

We would be interested in booking the trip out of Eaglehawk Neck some time between the 8th and 20th of September (I've got some holidays), and sharing the cost with others who would like to join us. As we are 'Sea-bird Novices' we would especially like to have a few 'experts' (or at least someone who knows a bit about Pelagic birds!) along as part of the group.

I'm told that the cost is around $100 for the day, for chartering the boat, if we can get a full complement of passengers. Could anyone interested please contact me off list, and we'll see if it is going to be feasible, or if we have to just keep trying to link up with someone else's group.

Thanks for the assistance, and hopefully we can meet up with you and lots of birds on the high seas.

John & Shirley Tongue
Ulverstone, Tas.