birding-aus

Birding-Ausser on the wireless

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Birding-Ausser on the wireless
From: "Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:18:43 +1000
Snuggling into bed last in unseasonably cool weather here in
Bundaberg, a vaguely familiar voice is heard on ABC radio.
Probably no-one I know, but then my attention is drawn to a mention
of The Saints, a terrific Queensland band of my era.
I know that voice......The uttered words, "intellectual anguish" prompt me
to realize that our very own Andrew Stafford has stolen centre stage
talking about his Pig City reunion concert he is organizing  to be held in
Brisbane on the 14th of July (University of Qld).
Andrew is the only person I know with a specific scientific name,namely
'Flatus backus'.....but probably more popularly remembered for his co-ordination of Interesting Sightings in Wingspan and the ability to tell a juvenile Eastern
Whipbird from an Eastern Bristlebird in this forum recently.
Cheers,
Bill