birding-aus

Danish greeting - Princess Parrot and Night Parrot

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Danish greeting - Princess Parrot and Night Parrot
From: "Peter H. Them" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:11:16 +0200
Dear All ...
Greeting from the rainy summer Denmark. This is far too much
rain ... Our garden plants look like aquarium plants.

Strange global weather, example in the Pantanal and the Mato Grosso do Sul, Brasil - where I am going on parrot watching in September - is really dry this year with an air humidity lower than 30%.
I would all like to thank all of you from Birding Aus net, who had
supplied me with informations concerning the Princess Parrot
and the Night Parrot ... - I am you very grateful.

Informations, suggestions and recommendations among others as where and what time of the year it would be possible to see the Princess Parrot, Polytelis alexandrae. As you mayby know Australia is very popular in Denmark, where there is a huge focus on Australia. In year 2004 in Denmark we celebrated the important australian-danish event, the marriage of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik
of Denmark and Tasmanian born Miss Mary Donaldson,
which took place Friday 14. May 2004.

I do now and then keep HRH Crown Prince Frederik informed
concerning the parrots of the world. One day Prince Frederik
said to me, that he had found a nice lovely "cockatoo" named
Mary in Australia. And last Sunday 01th July 2007 their baby daughter was christened Isabella ... And she is half australian, so I have seen the " Princess Parrot " ... *smile*

Apropos, the name "Princess Parrot" was given in honour of Princess Alexandra of Denmark, who later married the Prince of Wales Edward VII and eventually became the Queen of England.

I had since 1992 in Australia a few times been birding with the Parrots as the flagship.

Still missing some Australian parrot species to see, as the Princess
Parrot, Polytelis alexandrae, and the Night Parrot, Pezoporus
occidentalis.

In 1999 I saw the Night Parrots 'cousin', the Ground Parrot at Barren
Grounds. At the same trip I went to two different destinations where
dead Night Parrots said to had been found. I didn't saw the Night
Parrot, but mayby it saw me ... ! *smile*

Best wishes,

Peter