birding-aus

gang gang cockatoo plumage question

To: "Cheryl Ridge" <>
Subject: gang gang cockatoo plumage question
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:02:25 +1000
Cheryl,

The partly red headed ones are normal young males. The behaviour of the Galahs
is common for rain showers. Was it raining? What suburb of Melbourne are you
at? I would suggest that the distribution and abundance of the GGC is likely to
vary around the city & suburbs, They vary around Canberra where they are
reasonably common, I'm sure they would vary in distribution a lot more around
Melbourne). In my primary school days (1960s) I lived in Eltham (outer NE
Melbourne) and we had them every year raiding the walnuts.

Philip