birding-aus

Re: Honeyeater sleeping on road.

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: Honeyeater sleeping on road.
From: "Beth Symonds" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:09:38 +1000
Hi Peter and all,

Great photo, Peter - the bird certainly looked relaxed in the hand.

As for the "sleeping" in the road, I wonder if you may have hit the nail on
the head when you said the bird seemed as though it had been drugged.  Many
lorikeets get inebriated on fermenting nectar from flowering grevilleas
during the summer months - I remember rescuing more than a few from drowning
in our pool after they had dropped out of the overhanging trees.

Could this have been a similar thing?

Cheers,
Beth Symonds
Brisbane