birding-aus

Oskas Cottage, Glen Davis

Subject: Oskas Cottage, Glen Davis
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:17:27 +1000
Hi all,

[I hope the following doesn't go against the Birding-Aus guidelines. I have no commercial interest but am keen to see an outcome that is favourable for birds and birdwatchers, and am posting it in the interests of the birding community.]

Many birders who have visited the Capertee Valley will have stayed at Oska's Cottage near Glen Davis, or met Oskar and his friendly dog Bingo. I've just learnt that, sadly, Bingo has gone to the great kennel in the sky, and Oskar has put his place up for sale. He is very keen for it to be bought by someone who'll keep it as birdwatchers' accommodation, so if you're thinking about a change of lifestyle, this is a great opportunity.

The cottage is in a very birdy location, being a regular site for Regent Honeyeaters, Turquoise Parrots, Speckled Warblers, Hooded Robins, Diamond Firetails, Red-browed Treecreepers and Rockwarblers, among others. I would buy it myself if I had the money!

For more information, go to:
http://www.propertycatalogue.com.au/details.php?id=102
or
http://www.diysell.com.au/realestate/nsw/central-west/default.asp?p=2

or email oskar at:

For those new to birding or to the area, the beautiful Capertee Valley is in the NSW Central Tablelands, between Lithgow and Mudgee.

cheers,

Carol