birding-aus

Warakurna WA

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Warakurna WA
From: "gary wright" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:34:45 +0930
Last Friday 15/6/07  I was driving from Warakurna towards Uluru NP and we left
pre-dawn.   When the sun was up but only just I saw approx 8 swans flying high
in a south westerly direction across the desert!  Further on past Docker River
there was a flock of approx 30 Major Mitchell Cockatoos, feeding on paddy
melons on the side of the road.  between there and Kata Tjuta there were the
odd pair on the side of the road.
Black breasted buzzard on the Erldunda side of Yulara.
At Warburton, heading back towards Kalgoorlie there were pallid and black eared
cuckoos and two bustards

Gary