birding-aus

Red-Winged Blackbird riding on a Red-Tailed Hawk

Subject: Red-Winged Blackbird riding on a Red-Tailed Hawk
From: "Alan Stankevitz" <>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:32:42 -0500
Hello to all "Down Under". My name is Alan Stankevitz and I am the person who
took the photographs of the Red-Winged Blackbird riding on a Red-Tailed Hawk
here in the "States". It is for real and not a fake. As a matter of fact, we
had friends up to our house last weekend and they saw the same show. This is
the first time that I have ever seen this. Mobbing is quite common, but I have
never seen a bird land on the back of a soaring hawk. I plan to submit my
photographs to a few publications.

My web site, which some of you have found is not complete yet. I plan on adding
a lot more photographs and information about myself. Right now, time is tight
and I haven't been able to find the time to complete the web site.
(www.iwishicouldfly.com)

You can learn more about myself by visiting my other website www.daycreek.com.
I have spent the last 5 years or so building an eco-friendly, solar house in
Minnesota. You are all welcome to peruse the web site and if you are ever able
to make it to the states and would like to go birding, I'll be more than happy
to accommodate.

I am really amazed that my photographs have made their way all the way to
Australia. I guess it is a small world after all.

Kind Regards to All,

Alan Stankevitz