birding-aus

gloucester to newcastle

To: <>
Subject: gloucester to newcastle
From: "theo tasoulis" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 18:24:10 +1000
a noteworthy drive home from gloucester to newcastle this afternoon. I got a
great look at a spotted harrier about 15 km south of gloucester-only the second
one I have ever seen in the hunter valley.Shortly afterwards I saw a
wedge-tailed eagle and then just north of booral  I saw a white-breasted
sea-eagle go into a 25metre stoop and make a serious attempt at catching a
raven that had ill-advisedly got to far from cover.The sightings continued with
a delightful pheasant coucal shuffling across the road and a beautiful swamp
harrier cruising over grahamstown dam.All that in about 1hr and 10min.Cheers.