birding-aus

Birding-Aus Twitches in 2006-7

To: "L&L Knight" <>
Subject: Birding-Aus Twitches in 2006-7
From: "Trevor & Hazel Cowie" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:47:08 +0930
Re: your email. I suggest that you should also list from the Dry Creek Salt
fields at St Kilda SA reported via Birdpedia & Birding-Aus
American Golden Plover
Hudsonian Godwit (this is twitched by many each year it returns)
Trevor Cowie. Adelaide

I'm putting together a list of rare-bird twitches that grew out of
postings on Birding-Aus in the last 12 months for a conference paper.
These are instances where a rare-birding sighting in Birding-Aus has
caused a chain reaction of twitchers travelling to that site to sight
the bird in question.  [The GHL was the classic case in point. ]

What other birds should I add to the following list?

June 2006, Grey-headed Lapwing, Burren Junction

August 2006, Sabine's Gull, Derby

Sept 2006 Antarctic Terns, Kangaroo Island

Oct 2006  Spotted Redshank, Broome

March 2007  Javan Pond Heron, Darwin

March 2007  Laughing Gull, Cairns

May 2007  Black-tailed Gull, Geraldton