birding-aus

Swift Parrots in East Killara, Sydney

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Swift Parrots in East Killara, Sydney
From: "Kurtis Lindsay" <>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:59:18 +1000
Hi all,

Happy to inform I saw my first Swift Parrots for my area  this afternoon as I
was walking to my home at Barrie st, East Killara.
The 4 birds alerted me to their presence by that familliar "pitt" and sqeaking
call as they flew over my street.
There are a number of favourable food sources in flower around (Angophoras,
Ironbarks, Melaleucas) especially lining the streets of East Killara so I have
been waiting for a sighting.

Musk Lorikeets have been present in large numbers with small numbers of
Scaley-breasted and Little Lorikeets around, however this is my first Swift
Parrot sighting of the year and the first for my local area!!!
I will keep my eyes and ears out for any more Swifites.

Regards,

Kurtis Lindsay