birding-aus

Quick stroll around Morpeth, NSW

To: birding australia <>
Subject: Quick stroll around Morpeth, NSW
From: Grant Brosie <>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 13:55:28 +1000 (EST)
Everyone,

Its such a beautiful day here in the Hunter Valley
that I decided to take a quick walk around my local
park in Morpeth, few kms from Maitland.
Managed to record 26 species in the 20min with
highlights being the many Figbirds in a feeding
frenzy, a mixed winter flock of Silvereye, Yellow and
Yellow-rumped Thornbills, Superb Fairy-wren, Red-brows
and a female Golden Whistler, and 3 species of
raptor.....1 Whistling Kite, 2 Wedge-tailed Eagles and
2 Aust. Hobbies.
There were two downers though, first was a flock of 28
Spotted Turtle-doves feeding under the casurinas, and
a Muscovy Duck with a tiny duckling following behind.
At home yesterday I watched 70-80 Musk Lorikeet fly
over, a backyard tick!

Enjoy the weather while it lasts,
Grant Brosie
Raworth

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in
Australia?  Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aunz/lifestyle/answers/y7ans-babp_reg.html